I heard this line above "Successful People Finish Stuff" at a training conference recently - I'm sorry I can't even remember the speaker who said it, just that it resonated with me. Every successful person I know, for want of more eloquent phrasing "finishes stuff". Is it revolutionary? Breakthrough? Amazing? Nope. But is it bloody important? Absolutely.
So, I got thinking... if "Successful People Finish Stuff" - what else do they all do? I thought about the amazingly successful people around me and tried to find commonalities and here's what I came up with, a list that was true in 99% of cases based on the successful people I know and have read about.
- Successful people believe in themselves (even if at times they have doubt)
- Successful people do things that aren't always in other people's comfort zones
- Successful people start somewhere (even if it's a teeny tiny step in right direction)
- Successful people consult others, but listen to their gut
- Successful people fail
- Successful people don't allow themselves mope / wallow / dwell (for long)
- Successful people aspire
- Successful people have role models
- Successful people mix it with cool people (note cool here doesn't mean the same as it meant in high school... think inspiring, achieving, encouraging people)
- Successful people share
- Successful people continually learn
What else do successful people do? Love to hear your thoughts - comment on the blog...